2. Domain Name Registrar Australia Pty Limited is committed to complying with Commonwealth legislation governing privacy of personal information by businesses and to protecting and safeguarding your privacy when you deal with us.
Collection of Information.
3. Some information provided to us by clients, customers, contractors and other third parties might be considered private or personal. Without these details we would not be able to carry on our business and provide our services to you. We will only collect such personal information if it is necessary for one of our functions or activities.
4. Domain Name Registrar Australia Pty Limited collects personal information in the following situations:
5. Financial Information collected via our web site is used by us to bill you for products and services. Any financial information that is collected is for the purpose of transaction approval and funds transfer. The financial information we collect from you is strictly confidential and held on secure servers in controlled facilities.
Use of information collected and disclosure of personal information to others
6. We may use personal information held about an individual for the primary purpose for which it is collected (eg. provision of our services, including administration of our services, notification to you about changes to our services, record-keeping following termination of our services to you and technical maintenance). As a Registrar, Domain Name Registrar Australia Pty Limited is required to pass on your full name, mailing address, telephone and fax numbers, and email address to the relevant registry when you apply to register, renew, or transfer a domain name to us. This function is required to facilitate registration and to ensure registry records are correct and current.
We may also use such information for a purpose related to the primary purpose of collection and where you would reasonably expect that we would use the information in such a way. This information is only disclosed to persons outside our business in the circumstances set out in this policy or as otherwise notified to you at the time of collection of the information.
We may use your information to inform you of new product developments and associated services that we believe will interest you. If you do not wish to receive email notices or other communications from Domain Name Registrar Australia Pty Limited regarding additional products and services, simply forward a blank email to [email protected] .
7. In addition we are permitted to use or disclose personal information held about you:
8. Our web site may contain links to third party web sites who may collect personal information about you. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other businesses or the content of web sites that are linked to our web site. Domain Name Registrar Australia Pty Limited encourages users to be aware when they leave the site and to read the privacy statements of each and every web site that collects personally identifiable information.
Security and storage
9. Domain Name Registrar Australia Pty Limited places a great importance on the security of all information associated with our customers, clients and contractors. We have security measures in place to attempt to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of personal information under our control.
10. Personal information is de-identified or destroyed securely when no longer required by us.
11. Domain Name Registrar Australia Pty Limited retains the information you provide to us including your contact and credit card details to enable us to verify transactions and customer details and to retain adequate records for legal and accounting purposes. This information is held on secure servers in controlled facilities.
12. Our website site uses a process called Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology. We use industry standard 128 bit encryption. SSL locks all critical information passed from you to us, such as payment information, in an encrypted envelope, making it extremely difficult for this information to be intercepted. The transfer of information across any media may involve a certain degree of risk, and the internet is no exception. As a result, while we take all reasonable steps to protect users' personal information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information transmitted to us or from our website.
13. You should be careful and responsible whenever you are online. Ultimately, you are solely responsible for keeping your passwords and/or account information secure and should take all reasonable steps to do so.
Access to and correction of personal information
14. We are committed to maintaining accurate, timely, relevant and appropriate information about our customers, clients and web-site users. For the purposes of receiving timely renewal notices, consumer alerts, and other related correspondence, it is imperative that the contact details we hold for you are always current. If you would like to access or advise us of a change to your personal information, please e-mail your request to [email protected] or call our customer service department on 1300 863 436.
15. Inaccurate information will be corrected upon receiving advice to this effect from you. To ensure confidentiality, details of your personal information will be passed on to you only if we are satisfied that the information relates to you.
If we refuse to provide you with access or correct the personal information held about you by us, then we will provide reasons for such refusal.
Transfer of information overseas
16. Pursuant to the National Privacy Principles we may transfer personal information we have collected about you to someone other than you in a foreign country only if such transfer is permitted by the National Privacy Principles.
17. From time to time and in line with customer expectations and legislative changes, our privacy policies and procedures will be reviewed and, if appropriate, updated.
E-mail: [email protected]
19. Should you wish to read more information on privacy legislation or the National Privacy Principles we recommend that you visit the Federal Privacy Commissioner's web-site at www.privacy.gov.au.
All information (c)2003 DOMAIN NAME REGISTRAR (AUSTRALIA) PTY LIMITED