How do I set up a POP3 email account in Outlook 2010?
To set up a POP3 email account in Microsoft Outlook 2010:
- Open Microsoft Outlook
- Click the File tab (or Office Menu)
- Under Account Information, click Add Account.
- Enter your name, e-mail address and password.
- Click the radio button on the "Manually configure server settings or additional server
- The Choose Service dialog box then appears - select Internet Email then click Next.
- Fill in the appropriate details under User Information; your server and user information may already
have been provided to you. If you don't have this information, please contact
our support team.
- Typically, your account type will be a POP3 account; your outgoing server will be that of your ISP
(Internet Service Provider).
- In the Logon Information Fields, enter the User (mailbox) Name and the password in the appropriate
fields; make sure that you place a tick in the box labelled Remember Password.
- To the right hand side, in the options for Deliver new messages to: select New Outlook Data File
and click the Next button.
- You will not need to tick the box labelled Require logon using secure password authentication
- leave this blank.
- Click the Finish button on the next page and your account should now be configured and working.
If for any reason you are unable to send and receive email via Outlook 2010
and you have checked to ensure you have followed the above steps, please contact
our friendly support team for assistance.
Available Domain Name Search & Register
How to register a name: Enter your choice in the search tool and click 'GO'. If after the check the domain names search results show your choice is available, you will then have the option to proceed to purchase registration; which is a very quick and easy process - start a search and find your ideal website address now.