Setting up e-mail in Apple Mail
To set up Apple Mail:
- Open Mail and click on Mail next to the Apple menu on your Mac.
- Click on Preferences
- Click on the "+" sign at the bottom left of the window
This will start the Add Account wizard, enter your details in the applicable fields and click on Continue.
Now you need to configure the incoming server information; select the account type, IMAP or POP. We recommend selecting POP.
- Enter a name for the account that in the Description field
- The incoming mail server will be mail.yourdomainname.com (for example, if you registered the domain name fredsite.com.au, your incoming mail server will be
- Enter the password for the mail account as you configured it in your hosting control panel; once this has been entered, click Continue.
- Incoming Mail Security: Your email accounts will not use secure mail or SSL, do not check this option. Set the security to Password and click Continue.
- Outgoing Mail Server: The outgoing mail server will need to be that of your ISP (internet Service Provider), enter a description for this server and then enter the server name in Outgoing Mail Server field. You will not need to tick the option to use authentication, click Continue once you have entered this information.
- Outgoing Mail Security: You do not need to enable this option however if your provider offers it and you wish to make use of this facility, then please consult your ISP for assistance in selecting the correct details here. Otherwise select None from the Authentication drop down menu and click Continue.
You will now be presented with the Account Summary page where you can review the settings that you have entered. If you are happy and everything is correct, then select the checkbox Take account online and click Create.
You have now completed the Apple Mail account creation process and you should be able to send and receive email with no issues. Of course if you encounter any issues then please contact
our friendly support team.
Available Domain Name Search & Register
How to register a name: Enter your choice in the search tool and click 'GO'. If after the check the domain names search results show your choice is available, you will then have the option to proceed to purchase registration; which is a very quick and easy process - start a search and find your ideal website address now.