Apple iPhone, iPod Touch and email - setup instructions
To set up email services on your Apple iPhone or iPod Touch to use in
conjunction with your Domain Registration Services account is a simple task.
- Click the Home button at the bottom of your iPhone or iPod Touch so that you are at the home menu screen
- Tap 'Settings'
- Scroll down and tap 'Mail, Contacts, Calendars'
- Tap 'Add Account'
- Tap 'Other'
- Enter the appropriate account details for your domain hosting account -
your username is the text prior to the '@' symbol in your email address.
- Tap the relevant account type for your email account that is suitable, either IMAP or POP3.
(N.B. - POP3 will download the email and remove it from the server whereas IMAP will leave the email on the server. Unless you are going to use your iPhone or iPod Touch as your main email client, we suggest that you use
- Enter the incoming and outgoing server information.
- Your incoming mail server will be mail.<your domain
name>.com.au (or .com, or whatever other extension your domain name consists of)
- If using GPRS or 3G networks, you may need to contact your phone company to obtain the relevant outgoing server information. If you are on a Wi-Fi connection, then enter the outgoing server information of your ISP (Internet Service Provider).
- Tap 'Save' at the top right hand side of the screen.
You should now be able to read your email; if you do encounter issues then please
contact our friendly support team.
This information has been tested on an Apple iPhone 3G 8Gb model and is correct at time of writing.
Available Domain Name Search & Register
How to register a name: Enter your choice in the search tool and click 'GO'. If after the check the domain names search results show your choice is available, you will then have the option to proceed to purchase registration; which is a very quick and easy process - start a search and find your ideal website address now.